Phyllis has over 25 years of experience with Vibra-Tech in Missouri and surrounding states. Over her career, Phyllis has consulted on various large-scale site developments, highway projects, levee repairs, mining operations and public works projects. Her experiences include providing expert testimony for public meetings, city council meetings and court cases. She also teaches classes in vibration monitoring for the Missouri and Kansas blasters’ licensing programs, as well as for state and local regulatory and enforcement personnel.
- BS, Earth Sciences, University of Missouri – Kansas City, 1990
- MLPA Blasters’ Certification Class, 1991
- Efficient Blasting Techniques Seminar, 1992
- International Society of Explosives Engineers, Annual Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 – 2016; Explosives & Blasting Regulatory Conference, 2003, 2006
- International Society of Explosives Engineers, 1995 – Present; Board of Directors, 2006-2012; Public Education & Public Relations Committee Chair 2006-2012; Government Affairs Committee Member, 2010 – Present; Nominating Committee Member, 2014 – Present
- Mississippi Valley Chapter Society of Explosives Engineers, 1992 – Present; Past President, Past Treasurer, current Newsletter Editor
- Mid-America Blasting Conference, Co-organizer, 1998 – Present
- Heartland Chapter Society of Explosives Engineers, 2011 – Present, current Newsletter Editor, current Board Member, current Past President
Phyllis began as a field representative in 1991, became the operations manager in 1996, and is now Vice President and Area Manager of Vibra-Tech Engineers, Inc. in the Missouri office. She is also a member of Vibra-Tech’s Board of Directors.