Mike has worked for Vibra-Tech Engineers, Inc. since 2007. He provides vibration monitoring and consulting for mining and construction projects throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. He also regularly conducts pre-blast and post-blast inspections, damage claim investigations, educates neighboring property owners on blasting and construction vibrations and trains clients on the proper setup and use of seismographs. In addition, Mike has assisted with and presented at numerous public permit application hearings, neighborhood meetings, open houses and has provided legal testimony as an expert witness.
- BS – Electrical Engineering, San Diego State University, 2006
- Registered as a Professional Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.)
- Board Member, International Society of Explosive Engineers (ISEE), Great Lakes Chapter (Chicago)
- International Society of Explosive Engineers (ISEE), Lake Superior Chapter (Minnesota)
- Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers (IAAP)
- Aggregate Producers of Wisconsin (APW)
- Iowa Limestone Producers Association (ILPA)
- Indiana Mineral Aggregates Association (IMAA)
Mike is currently the Area Manager for the Chicago office, which services the Upper Midwest. He is responsible for all operations of the office. During his career at Vibra-Tech, Mike also held the Field Engineer position where he installed and maintained Re:moteTM seismograph stations, monitored vibration as well as collected and analyzed data to produce client reports. He has served as a vibration consultant for the aggregate and construction industries on a variety of large scale projects such as the reconstruction of Wacker Drive in Chicago, William Eckhardt Research Center at the University of Chicago, construction of the Epic Systems Corp. campus in Verona, Wisconsin and numerous high-rise construction projects.
- Re:Con 2016 – The Conference for Managing Blast-Associated Risk, Blasting Near Buried Pipelines, 2016
- ISEE, Lake Superior Chapter, MinnBlast – Safety & Training Conference, Seismology 101, 2008 – Present
- Wisconsin Department of Commerce – Blaster’s Conference, Seismology 101, 2009 & 2011