Keith has over 40 years’ experience conducting hundreds of damage claim investigations for a wide variety of interested and affected parties, including quarry and coal mining operators, construction company engineers, general contractors, insurance companies and attorneys. He has conducted similar investigations on behalf of residential and commercial property owners.
Keith has given expert witness testimony in dozens of instances throughout Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania at hearings before arbitration panels, non-jury and juries. In addition, he has provided testimony in front of zoning commissions, township supervisors and planning commissions.
- BS, Earth Science, Penn State University, 1977
- MSHA: Miner Training for Surface Coal, Non-Metal, and Underground Operations
- Licensed Blaster, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (BL #5357-A)
- Certified Professional Geologist (#6387), September 1983
- Registered Professional Geologist, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (#PG-000724-G), January 1995
- Member, International Society of Explosives Engineers; Education Committee, 2000 – 2005
- President, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of Society of Explosives Engineers, 1989 – 1991; Secretary, 1993 – 2004
- Member, PA Drill and Blasting Conference Planning Committee
Keith is currently Vice President and a Board of Directors Member of Vibra-Tech Engineers, Inc. He is also a Regional Manager providing supervision for the Pittsburgh, Ohio and West Virginia offices. His experience in vibration and noise level measurement for blasting and construction activities provides a solid basis for performing Damage Claim Investigations.
During his career, Keith has given technical presentations at industry conferences and professional organizations and also conducted training seminars to individuals, small groups or corporations. Keith is the responsible organizer for an internal GeoSonics/Vibra-Tech annual training seminar referred to as the “Corporate Training and Information Meeting”.
Publications & Awards:
- ISEE Education Committee: Co-author of movie, “Understanding Vibrations from Blasting”, 2004
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter, ISEE, Dedication to Promoting Explosives Safety and Public Educational Issues, 2001