Geoff has worked for Vibra-Tech Engineers, Inc. since 2006, taking on both technical and business development responsibilities, and now serving as a member of the Board of Directors. He provides consulting services for the energy, mining, and construction industries throughout the western United States. Geoff is experienced in providing expert testimony and damage claim investigations related to vibration. He often consults regarding permitting projects, regulatory compliance, and best practices for managing environmental, geotechnical, and blasting risks. Geoff has been asked to present to many industry groups regarding interesting case studies in the fields of seismic engineering, blasting seismology, and remote monitoring technologies.
- B.S. – University of Missouri-Columbia, 2005
- Engineering Seismology with Applications in Geotechnical Engineering – Oz Yilmaz Ph. D – Short
Course – Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Missouri S&T Blasters Training Seminar 2006
- FHWA Highway Geophysics & NDE Conference 2006
- PA Council of Professional Geologists Review Course 2007
- International Society of Explosives Engineers, 2006 – Present
- Mississippi Valley Chapter – Board Member 2008
- Heartland Chapter – Board Member 2009
- National Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association, 2008 – Present
- Young Leaders Member, 2008 – 2018; Young Leaders Steering Committee Member, 2013 – 2018; Young Leaders Liaison – M&S Nominating Committee, 2016 – 2018; Engineering & Technology Committee, 2017 – Present; Environmental & Sustainability Committee, 2015 – Present
- Texas Aggregate & Concrete Association, 2014 – Present
- Oklahoma Aggregates Association, 2014 – Present
- Colorado Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association, 2015 – Present
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists, 2013 – Present
- Houston Geophysical Society, 2015 – Present
- Denver Geophysical Society, 2015 – Present
- Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists, 2015 – Present
- Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists, 2014 – Present
- Association of Preservation Technology, 2017 – Present
- Association of General Contractors, 2017 – Present
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, 2018 – Present
- American Society of Civil Engineers, 2018 – Present
Geoff is a member of the Board of Directors and the Southwest Regional Manager. He is responsible for directing and supervising the financial and operational performance of the region. Geoff manages a staff in Austin, Texas that provides monitoring and consulting services in 15 western states.
Geoff previously served as Technical Sales Coordinator where he supported all the GeoSonics/Vibra-Tech regional offices, working to continuously improve market position and achieve financial growth by pursuing sales leads and perspective clients. He delivered presentations and proposals to assist clients in strengthening their risk management strategy. Geoff also worked to maintain key client relationships with regional and national accounts.
Geoff has worked to develop our Re:mote monitoring services by helping design new web-based data management features on special projects. These features have helped clients track specific aspects of the drilling and blasting program as defined by the end user. He continues to help clients institute best practices and assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
Prior to moving into the Technical Sales Coordinator position in 2010, Geoff served as a Geologist, managing regional mining and construction projects for the St. Louis office. With his background in geology and geophysics, Geoff worked to expand the market for GeoSonics/Vibra-Tech’s geophysical imaging services.
- “Rock Blasting Induced Vibration Effects on the Integrity of the Dry Comal Creek Flood Retarding Structure”, Proceedings of the Dam Safety 2017, San Antonio, TX (2017)
- “Blasting Seismology, Remote Monitoring, & Seismic Engineering” 2017 – Guest Lecture –
Colorado School of Mines
- “Vibration Considerations for a New Aggregate Operation next to a Dam” 2016-2018 – Re:Con,
International Society Explosives Engineers, Pennsylvania Drilling & Blasting Conference, Texas
Aggregate & Concrete Association, Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Edwards Aquifer
- “Best Managing Your Blast Associated Risks” 2015 – Environmental Seminar – Texas Aggregate &
- “Blast Vibration Engineering” 2014 – Texas Section – Association of Environmental and
- “Strategies for Reducing Neighbor Complaints” 2013 – MinnBlast – Lake Superior Chapter ISEE
- “Re:mote Monitoring Technology” 2011 Wisconsin Blasters Conference – Aggregate Producers of
- “Best Practices for Managing Blast Associated Risks” 2011 – Great Lakes Chapter ISEE
- “Increasing Efficiencies with Web-Based Data Management” 2011 – Lake Superior Chapter ISEE